One Joule controls the collection and processing of information about you, which may be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Information") in the course of your use of our Website and Services.
We collect your Personal Information based on the following legal basis
1. Consent, if you provided us your specific consent to use your Personal Information for a specific purpose.
2. Legitimate Interest, when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
3. Performance of a Contract, to fulfill the terms of a contract to which you are a party.
4. Vital Interests, where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take other action concerning potential violation of our policies, fraud, threats to the safety or security of any person or other illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation or arbitration.
We collect the following Personal Information directly from you, third-party sources, or through automated technologies:
1. Your contact information: your name, address, phone number, and email address.
2. Your account information: your user names and passwords to access our Services or third-party services through our Services with your authorization, authentication methods, and roles, your account preferences.
3. Your billing-related information: your shipping and billing information, billing address and contact details, credit card information, your identity information and similar data.
4. Your professional history: your past and present professional titles or status within organizations associated with you, organizations' contact information, your role, and similar data.
5. Content of your communication with us: your contact and account information, suggestions, questions, comments, feedback, and other information you share with us when you communicate with us either through our Website or other means of communication.
6. Information about your devices and browser: the location of your device, network and connection information (for example, Internet Service Provider and Internet Protocol addresses), device and browser information (for example, browser type, version, plugin type and version, operating system, language and time zone settings, and other technical information).
7. Usage information: usage rates and length and number of user sessions, occurrences of technical errors, diagnostic reports, settings preferences, API calls, and other logs, and similar data.
The Personal Information we collect depends on the means of communication with you and the type of Services you access. Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information.
We may disclose the information we collect about you in a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or compulsory legal request; to protect the safety of any person from death or serious bodily harm; prevent fraud or abuse of One Joule or our customers; or to protect One Joule's rights and legitimate interests.
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information contained in your existing One Joule account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You may be required to provide a proof of your identity to access your account information. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active, as needed to provide you Services, or if required by law.
For questions about your Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com
. Children's Privacy.
Our Services are intended for professionals and/or individuals over eighteen (18) years of age. We do not target children and do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13). When a user accesses or uses our Services or discloses personal information to us through our Services or otherwise, that user is representing to us that he or she is at least eighteen (18) years of age. Your Rights Concerning Your Personal Information.
One Joule is a company based in New York and you agree that our Services shall be deemed solely based in New York. In certain circumstances, however, relevant data protection laws in other jurisdictions may give you certain rights with respect to personal information. Some of the rights that may be available to you under various data protection laws include:
1. The right to request One Joule and access copies of your Personal Information collected by One Joule.
2. The right to rectify or complete any information about you collected by One Joule that you believe to be inaccurate or incomplete.
3. The right to erase your personal data, under certain conditions, that One Joule collected about you.
4. The right to request that One Joule restrict the processing of your personal data.
5. The right to object to One Joule's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
6. The right to request that One Joule transfer the data that it collected about you to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
7. The right to withdraw consent you have provided to us where we rely solely on your consent to process your personal information.
8. The right to complain to an applicable supervisory authority or other regulator if you are not satisfied with our responses to your requests or how we manage your personal information. Please learn more about the EU/EEA Data Protection Authorities at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
, if you are located in the EU/EEA. Location and Storage of Information
We have implemented reasonable industry-specific measures designed to protect the security of your Personal Information. While we strive to protect your Personal Information by relying on commercially acceptable practices, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information. In an unlikely event that the security of your Personal Information is compromised, you will be notified of any known to One Joule security breach affecting your Personal Information. California Privacy Notice.
California consumers may have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA"). The following California Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process personal information of individual residents of the State of California, either online or offline, within the scope of CCPA.
The term "personal information" in this supplemental California Privacy Notice provision has the meaning ascribed to in CCPA, meaning information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. However, personal information does not include publicly available, de-identified, or aggregate consumer information (which are all defined in CCPA). Notably, the definition of "personal information" also does not apply to the collection of personal information from job applicants, employees – whether you are our employee or any employee of the entity arranging access to our Services for you, business owners, directors, officers, medical staff, or contractors.
We collect various categories of personal information in connection with our Services and for a variety of purposes, as set out above. We do not sell personal information. We will not sell personal information unless we provide proper notice to consumers and, in the event of personal information collected prior to that notice, we will obtain explicit consent for the sale of personal information relating to those individuals with whom we previously interacted.
As described herein, we share personal information with third parties for business purposes. We disclose your personal information to the following categories of third parties:
1. If you access a third-party application or content through our Services, your personal information may be shared with such third party to ensure your access to such third party application or content and subject to your agreement with such third party. We are not responsible for such third parties' handling of your personal information.
2. We rely on trusted third-party service providers that perform business or operational services for us or on our behalf, including website and server hosting, infrastructure development, IT services, email, marketing and other similar service. Such trusted third parties provide services to us subject to contractual terms restricting the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
3. We share your personal information with third parties with your consent or at your direction, including, for example, order fulfillment, payment processing, or delivery or shipping services.
4. We may share your personal information with third-party security providers to detect, prevent, or otherwise address actual or potential fraud, harassment, security or technical issues, violations of any law, rule, regulation or the policies of One Joule.
5. We may share your personal information with third party analytics providers to enhance and improve our Service and understand the frequency and demographics of our Services' usage.
6. We may disclose personal information as reasonably necessary to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by a law, court order, or regulations.
7. We may share your personal information with our partners to conduct joint marketing, educational, promotional and maintenance campaigns.
8. We may disclose personal information as reasonably necessary to evaluate, negotiate or conduct a sale or transfer transaction of some or all of One Joule's assets, in which personal information held by One Joule about consumers is among the assets transferred or is otherwise relevant to the evaluation, negotiation or conduct of the transaction.
If you are a resident of California and are not a job applicant, employee/contractor, or employee/contractor of another company interacting with us in your job role, you have the right to request what information we collect, use, and disclose. You also have the right to request that we delete your information. To exercise your right, please submit a request by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "California Rights Request". We will not discriminate against you because you have exercised any of your privacy rights under the CCPA.
We will need to verify your identity before processing your request, which may require us to request additional personal information from you or require you to log into your account. In certain circumstances, we may decline a request to exercise the rights described above, of which we will notify you, particularly where we are unable to verify your identity. We will only use personal information provided in connection with a Consumer Rights Request to review and comply with the request.